This Thai-inspired vegetarian pumpkin curry from Dietitian Debbie might be whipped up in 30 minutes flat. Filled with antioxidants and 12 grams of fiber, it additionally comprises 21 grams of protein, which isn’t simple to seek out in a vegan dish.
- 14 ounces (414 ml) extra-firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- half of yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pink bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) pink curry paste
- 1 15-ounce can (444 ml) pumpkin puree
- 1 15-ounce can (444 ml) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- four cups (237 ml) recent spinach leaves
- 1/eight teaspoon (.6 ml) sea salt, plus extra to style
- 1/eight teaspoon (.6 ml) floor black pepper
Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the tofu and cook dinner for a number of minutes on both sides, flipping as the underside of the tofu begins to brown. Cook dinner till tofu is frivolously browned and crispy on most sides. Switch to a plate and put aside.
In the identical skillet, add the onion and pink bell pepper. Saute for three–5 minutes or till onion begins to melt. Add the garlic and cook dinner 1 minute extra.
Stir within the curry paste, pumpkin, coconut milk and soy sauce and produce to a mild simmer.
Lower tofu into 1/2-inch cubes and stir into the skillet.
Cook dinner for three minutes. Add the spinach, salt and pepper, and cook dinner one other three–5 minutes or till spinach is wilted.
Serve over rice or different starch and prime with a squeeze of recent lime juice and chopped cilantro.
Serves: four | Serving Measurement: 1/four recipe every
Per serving: Energy: 328; Complete Fats: 14g; Saturated Fats: 4g; Monounsaturated Fats: 4g; Ldl cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 444mg; Carbohydrate: 25g; Dietary Fiber: 12g; Sugar: 15g; Protein: 21g
Vitamin Bonus: Potassium: 1960mg; Iron: 50%; Vitamin A: 500%; Vitamin C: 174%; Calcium: 50%
The put up Vegan Pumpkin Curry | Recipe appeared first on Below Armour.