You’ll save time cleansing by cooking this flavorful dish from Clear Consuming in foil, making it an excellent dinner for hectic weeknights. The brown rice alone offers 88 p.c of the really useful every day quantity of manganese — good for blood sugar and metabolism regulation — to not point out 24 grams of satisfying protein in a single serving.
- 1/2-pound (226 g) tail-on uncooked shrimp, 26/30 rely, peeled and deveined
- four ounces (112 g) boneless, skinless rooster breast, diced into 1-inch items
- 1 all-natural, low-sodium turkey sausage, sliced
- half medium white onion, diced
- 1 medium inexperienced bell pepper, stem and seeds eliminated and discarded, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 half medium vine-ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 half tablespoons (22.5 ml) salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup (239 ml) all-natural prompt brown rice
- half cup (119.5 ml) low-sodium rooster broth
- Sea salt and floor black pepper, to style
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a big mixing bowl, toss collectively all elements, mixing nicely till mixed.
Put together 2 foil pouches. Coat each bit of foil with cooking spray. Divide combination evenly amongst each items of foil and seal.
Place pouches on a baking sheet and place on the center oven rack, baking 25 minutes or till rice and proteins are absolutely cooked. (Be aware: When accomplished, rice might be delicate and proteins might be agency and opaque.) To check for doneness, rigorously open one pouch and style just a few grains of rice from the middle of the pouch. If obligatory, shut pouch and return to oven for five extra minutes.
Fastidiously open pouch and pour combination into a big serving bowl; get pleasure from instantly.
Serves: four | Serving Measurement: 1 half cup
Per serving: Energy: 255; Whole Fats: 5g; Saturated Fats: 1g; Monounsaturated Fats: 0g; Ldl cholesterol: 141mg; Sodium: 484mg; Carbohydrate: 27g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 24g
The publish Excessive-Protein Cajun Jambalaya | Recipe appeared first on Underneath Armour.