Acknowledgment of Prostate Cancer Gleason Score 7, Prostate cancer is the abnormal cell that grows and develops in the prostate area. It begins in the gland cells of the prostate. This kind of disease is attackmen. It can affect the production of semen fluid and also in urine control. The symptoms of prostate cancer include frequent urinating, difficult to maintain urination, blood in the urine, ejaculation, and also painful when urinate.
If you experience these symptoms, it is time for you to visit a specialized doctor and asking for their advice. The pathology then gives a pathology report to your doctor which is used medical language to report the stage determining of prostate cancer such as Prostate Cancer Gleason Score 7. To understand this term, you will need to learn more about that.
The Stage of Prostate Cancer
There two stages of prostate cancer include early stage of prostate cancer and advanced stage of prostate cancer. The Early stage of prostate cancer refers to a small and localized cancer. The treatment in this stage may vary according to its individual cases. But commonly, the patient will get radiation therapy combined with hormone therapy for 4 to 6 months. While advanced prostate cancer stage refers to the cancer cells which is more aggressive and perhaps have spread throughout the body. The treatment recommended in this stage is chemotherapy to kill cancer cells around the body. How about Score 7 Prostate Cancer Gleason? What does that term mean Okay, we will learn it next paragraph?
What Does Prostate Cancer Gleason Score 7 Mean?
In pathology language, the term in cancer is quite difficult to understand. But by learning and knowing how to read the report, you will get understanding through your prostate cancer report. Whether the stage or the way to cure cancer. Have a look at the following report.
- Pathologist grade prostate cancers using numbers from 1 to 5 to determine how many cells in the cancerous tissue under the microscope. This is called a Gleason system.
- A grade 1 is assigned when the cancerous tissue looks much normal prostate tissue
- A grade 5 is assigned when the cancer cells and their growth look very abnormal
- While grade 2 through 4 have featured in between these extremes
- The first number assigned is the most common grade in a tumor. For example, the Gleason score is written as 3+4=7 it means that most of the tumor is grade 3 less is grade 4. They added for a Gleason score of 7.
- Gleason 7/10, Gleason 7 (3+4), or combined Gleason grade of 7
- The same grade of tumor such as grade 3, the Gleason score is reported as 3+3=6
- Cancer with Gleason scores of 8 to 10 can be said the as high grade of prostate cancer same as Gleason scores 9 to 10
- Cancer with Gleason score of 7 can be 3+4=7 or Gleason score 4+3=7. The meanings are:
- Gleason score 3+4=7 tumors still have a good prognosis although not as good as Gleason score 6 tumor
- Gleason score 4+3=7 means tumors more likely to grow and spread than a 3+4=7 tumor, yet not as like as Gleason score 8 tumors.
Although it is still confusing to understand whole pathology report you should learn it little by little. By knowing Prostate Cancer Gleason Score 7 means you already have knowledge about the report of your prostate cancer. But still, it is better to ask your doctor advising.