Prebiotics are simply as necessary as probiotics in relation to sustaining good intestine well being. They’re primarily the meals for the nice micro organism in your intestine—and when you don’t feed your good micro organism, all the dietary supplements and fermented meals on the earth gained’t assist them thrive. This soup, excerpted from Dale Pinnock’s Eat Your Technique to a Wholesome Intestine: Sort out Digestive Complaints by Altering the Manner You Eat, in 50 Recipes, is a prebiotic bomb, though it comes with a warning. “Once you first do this soup you could suppose I’ve performed an evil prank on you. As a result of initially it might really feel like digestive warfare has unfolded and you’ll really feel bloated and gassy afterward,” explains Dale. “However what you might be experiencing is a large feeding of the nice micro organism which is able to trigger the bacterial colony to develop and strengthen. The long-term advantage of that is that bloating will ease and lots of features of digestion and digestive well being will enhance.”
Prebiotic Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
Serves 1 to 2
- 1 giant white onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 lb., 2 oz. (500 g) Jerusalem artichokes, skin-on, chopped
- Beneficiant 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable broth, plus extra if wanted
- Chili oil and red-pepper flakes, for serving (optionally available)
- In a big saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic within the olive oil, with a pinch of sea salt, till the onion softens. Add the Jerusalem artichokes and sufficient broth to cowl. You possibly can at all times add extra if the soup is just a little thick, however watery soup is rather like gruel!
- Simmer gently for round 20 minutes, till the artichokes have softened. Mix right into a thick, easy soup, including extra broth if you want it thinner. Serve with a drizzle of chili oil and a sprinkle of red-pepper flakes (if utilizing).