Flavorful Cauliflower Fried Rice With Prawns Recipe
Pete Evans and Dr. Mercola lately joined forces and created a brand new cookbook, “Fats for Gasoline Ketogenic Cookbook.” On this guide you’ll uncover simple and scrumptious recipes, together with sensible recommendations on tips on how to comply with a ketogenic consuming plan. CLICK HERE to order your copy now.
A very fashionable dish in Chinese language delicacies, fried rice was stated to have been invented in China someday through the Sui dynasty (589-618 AD), within the metropolis of Yangzhou within the jap Jiangsu province. Because of this typical Chinese language fried rice is commonly referred to as Yangzhou fried rice, typically known as Yeung or Yang Chow fried rice. Nevertheless, take notice that fried rice recipes are discovered all all through China, with totally different components and flavors.1
This Cauliflower Fried Rice With Prawns Recipe is a wholesome twist to conventional fried rice. It’s additionally one of many many ketogenic recipes that you could find in the “Fats for Gasoline Ketogenic Cookbook” to be launched November 14. On this cookbook, you’ll discover recipes that Pete and I’ve labored on, in addition to fundamental information about the advantages and elements of a ketogenic weight loss plan that might be useful on your well being.
Prep time: 2 minutesPrepare dinner time: 5 minutes
- 1 giant cauliflower, separated into florets
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- four rashers of bacon or slices of ham, diced
- half pound peeled and deveined wild caught uncooked prawns or shrimp
- four free-range eggs
- 2 splashes of fish sauce
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- half pink capsicum, diced (non-compulsory)
- 1 inch piece of ginger, finely grated
- three tablespoons tamari
- Himalayan salt
- Freshly floor white pepper
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 handful of bean sprouts, trimmed
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Pulse the cauliflower in a meals processor till it resembles rice.
- Soften just a little coconut oil in a big wok or frying pan over excessive warmth. Add the bacon or ham and fry till crispy. Take away and put aside.
- Wipe the pan clear, add just a little extra coconut oil and sauté the prawns or shrimp over excessive warmth for 2 minutes, or till frivolously golden and virtually cooked by. Take away from the pan and put aside.
- Wipe the pan clear once more, add just a little extra coconut oil and warmth over medium-high warmth. Whisk the eggs with a splash of fish sauce and pour into the pan. Tilt the pan to evenly distribute the eggs and prepare dinner for a few minutes to make a silky omelette. Take away, slice into skinny strips and put aside.
- Warmth the remaining oil within the pan over excessive warmth. Add the onion and garlic and prepare dinner for 3 minutes or till softened. Stir within the capsicum if utilizing and ginger and prepare dinner three to 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and prepare dinner for a couple of minutes till tender.
- Add the tamari, salt and pepper, spring onion, herbs, bean sprouts, bacon or ham, prawns or shrimp and omelette strips and stir fry for one minute till properly mixed and heated by.
- Serve with a splash of fish sauce and lime wedges.
Right here’s What You Can Get From This Flavorful, No-Grain Fried Rice Recipe
Cauliflower rice has risen in recognition as a substitute for typical rice. It’s not fairly laborious to see why: It isn’t simply scrumptious and wholesome, however versatile too. In actual fact, you should use different meats, fish, herbs and greens in lieu of different components. When making wholesome cauliflower fried rice, your components, cooking provides and creativeness are all you want.
Info About Cauliflower’s Well being Advantages
A cruciferous vegetable, cauliflower might be both inexperienced, white, purple or pale orange. It’s a pure supply of vitamins equivalent to protein, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, potassium and manganese, and nutritional vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and Okay. This vegetable is alleged to assist with:
Boosting coronary heart well being2
|Enhancing blood strain ranges|
Enhancing kidney operate
Enhancing mind well beingthree
Selling higher cognitive operate
Stopping age-related reminiscence decline
Cauliflower can be valued for its anti-inflammatory propertiesfour and antioxidant skills that help cleansing and resist free radical-caused harm. Vitamin C, beta-carotene, kaempferol, quercetin, rutin and cinnamic acid are notable antioxidants in cauliflower.
Ideally, use natural cauliflower when cooking. When shopping for, choose cauliflower heads that don’t have brown or mushy yellow spots on the floor. Afterward, place the bought cauliflower head the other way up in a big bowl of chilly water for round 15 minutes. This ensures that any bugs or dangerous pesticides in the cauliflower are eliminated.
Why Wild-Caught Shrimp Is Very best
Shrimp is a savory addition to fried rice. However whereas the flavour this seafood brings to dishes is impeccable, there are drawbacks you need to think about with most shrimp as we speak. Sadly, most shrimp offered within the U.S. are raised in shrimp farms in Southeast Asia. Identical to its land-based counterparts — concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs) — fish and shrimp farms elevate quite a few pink flags as a result of:
- Mangroves, thought of to be nature’s filtration system and protection towards tsunamis, are usually lower all the way down to construct farms.
- Most farmed fish and shrimp are fed genetically engineered (GE) corn and soy — a totally unnatural weight loss plan for marine animals. Different farms additionally feed animals with fishmeal, and this will trigger accumulation of poisonous industrial chemical substances like PCBs and dioxins.
- Poisonous waste and chemical substances from these farms stream into waterways and destroy ecosystems.
- Farmed fish and seafood are recognized to have inferior dietary high quality.
- There’s well-document use of slave labor within the shrimp farming trade.
The shrimp you have to be shopping for should be caught within the Gulf of Mexico and must be freed from contamination. For those who don’t have entry to this, wild-caught shrimp that has been responsibly harvested and authorized by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) is an effective selection. An MSC certification is alleged to guarantee that each a part of the manufacturing course of was scrutinized by the group and has been independently audited to find out that the product meets sustainable requirements.5
If ever you haven’t any selection however to accept farmed shrimp, I counsel searching for shrimp licensed by Naturland, the Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) or the Responsibly Farmed label of Complete Meals Market. These organizations certify that the shrimp has been raised in keeping with aquaculture tips that assist defend the surroundings, and that the producers don’t use antibiotics.
Extra Herbs and Veggies for a Extra Flavorful Cauliflower Rice
You should utilize totally different herbs and greens not simply to extend the flavors of this cauliflower rice, however so as to add dietary content material and ship well being advantages too. 4 examples of health-boosting components on this recipe embody:
- Ginger: Used in conventional Chinese language drugs and East Indian Ayurvedic drugs, ginger is properly revered for its skill to work as a/an:
- Anti-inflammatory: combats systematic irritation
- Carminative: assists in selling elimination of intestinal gasoline
- Spasmolytic: relaxes and soothes the intestinal tract
Different well being advantages attributed to ginger embody:6
Serving to deal with migraines and complications
|Serving to forestall nausea and vomiting, and blood clots|
Boosting the immune system
Serving to with fat-burning (due to its gingerol content material)
|Lowering oxidative stress|
Lowering results of atherosclerosis and osteoarthritis ache
Aiding with stopping the frequent chilly
|Optimizing levels of cholesterol|
Enhancing blood sugar ranges
- Bean sprouts: These are one of many many sorts of sprouts you’ll be able to develop in your backyard. Bean sprouts are a wonderful supply of:
Nutritional vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6
Bean sprouts additionally comprise 10 to 100 instances extra enzymes in comparison with full-grown greens, permitting the physique to extract increased quantities of nutritional vitamins, minerals and vitamins from different meals, and help in defending the physique towards chemical carcinogens.7
- Coriander leaves: Additionally referred to as cilantro (which is definitely the Spanish time period for coriander leaveseight), coriander leaves have a singular pungent taste and aroma, and are extremely utilized in Mexican and Thai cuisines. Coriander leaves are a storehouse of:
- Antioxidant polyphenolic flavonoids (quercetin, kaempferol, rhamnetin and apigenin)
- Minerals like potassium, iron, calcium, manganese and magnesium
- Nutritional vitamins A, C and Okay, and B nutritional vitamins
Antioxidants in coriander leaves might be useful in preventing diseases and lowering threat for continual ailments. Plus, medical research additionally proved that coriander leaves possess antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and disinfectant skills.
- Flat-leaf parsley: This vivid inexperienced herb with a “grassy style” is dwelling to nutritional vitamins C and Okay, folic acid, beta-carotene and dietary fiber. Flavonoids equivalent to apiin, apigenin, crisoeriol and luteolin are current in parsley. In the meantime, unstable oil compounds equivalent to myristicin, limonene, eugenol and alpha-thujene could help in:9
- Stopping tumor formation
- Activating glutathione (the physique’s strongest antioxidant)
- Serving to calm irritation within the mind
Parsley additionally comprises excessive ranges of chlorophyll. That is nice information as a result of the chlorophyll content material permits parsley to work as a detoxifier for the physique to assist eradicate toxins.
About Pete Evans
Pete Evans is an internationally famend chef who has joined forces with Dr. Mercola to create a wholesome cookbook that’s loaded with scrumptious, distinctive Keto recipes, very best for individuals who wish to swap to a ketogenic weight loss plan. The “Fats for Gasoline Ketogenic Cookbook” is the proper instrument to assist get you began in your ketogenic journey. CLICK HERE to order your copy now.
Pete has had quite a few noteworthy contributions to the culinary world. He has not solely cooked for most people, however he’s additionally cooked a royal banquet for the Prince and Princess of Denmark, a personal dinner for Martha Stewart, and even represented his hometown on the gala GʼDay USA dinner for 600 in New York Metropolis.
Pete’s profession has moved from the kitchen into the lounge room with many TV appearances together with Life-style channel’s “House” present, “Postcards from House,” “FISH,” “My Kitchen Guidelines” and “A Moveable Feast.”
- 1 Parkinson, “All About Chinese language Fried Rice,” The Spruce, August 6, 2017
- 2 “The Dietary Part 2 Protein Inducer Sulforaphane Can Normalize the Kidney Epigenome and Enhance Blood Strain in Hypertensive Rats,” Am J Hypertens
- three “Dietary Prenatal Choline Supplementation Alters Postnatal Hippocampal Construction and Operate,” Journal of Neurophysiology
- four “Cauliflower,” The World’s Healthiest Meals
- 5 “The Lowdown on Shrimp Labels,” Shopper Studies, April 24, 2015
- 6 Ehrlich, “Ginger,” College of Maryland Medical Middle
- 7 “Broccoli Sprouts: An Exceptionally Wealthy Supply of Inducers Of Enzymes That Defend In opposition to Chemical Carcinogens,” PNAS
- eight “Cilantro Vs. Coriander,” What’s Cooking America
- 9 The British Journal of Diet, 1999 Jun;81(6):447-55
Tags: Dairy-FreeFruits and VegetablesHigh-ProteinMain DishesSeafoods
Chocolate Fats Bomb Truffles Recipe
Creamy Avocado Deviled Eggs Recipe
Mouthwatering Braised Pork Shanks Recipe
Savory Ketogenic Braised Ginger Rooster Recipe