In case you’re like most individuals, you most likely grew up snacking on crackers as a child. Fortunately, there’s no want to surrender this in style snack whereas on a grain-free food regimen. These grain-free crackers characteristic just a few easy substances they usually’re a snap to whip up. The youngsters love them for an on-the-go snack and I like the additional calcium, magnesium, and fiber I’m entering into their diets.
We love these crackers on their very own or with tasty toppings … bounce under the recipe to see some concepts!
Grain Free Cracker Recipe
You’re most likely questioning the way it’s potential to make do-it-yourself crackers which are grain-free, proper? Right here’s the key: pumpkin seed flour!
Advantages of Pumpkin Seed Flour (and Why I Use It)
Most of us are most likely aware of almond flour in the case of grain-free cooking flours, however this recipe provides an alternative choice to the norm … pumpkin seed flour! Pumpkin seed flour could also be an uncommon ingredient but it surely has a pleasant texture and its personal spectrum of well being advantages.
Pumpkin seeds are excessive in fiber and filled with vitamins like magnesium, zinc, and plant-based omega-Three fat (additionally known as ALA or alpha-linolenic acid). Higher but, pumpkin seeds are wealthy within the amino acid tryptophan, the precursor to the sleep hormone melatonin. Research even present pumpkin seeds assist assist a wholesome prostate in males.
The best way to Make Pumpkin Seed Flour
Pumpkin seed flour continues to be slightly powerful to seek out in shops , however when you have entire pumpkin seeds available you can also make it at residence with a espresso grinder. Simply wash the grinder out rather well first if it’s had espresso in it. I’ve a devoted grinder for nuts, seeds, and spices since I all the time appear to want it for espresso! 🙂
As all the time use soaked and dehydrated seeds if potential for greatest digestion and dietary advantages. These are costly and exhausting to seek out already floor into flour, however right here’s find out how to soak nuts and seeds at residence in case you need to attempt it your self.
For this cracker recipe, I put about 1 cup uncooked pumpkin seeds into the espresso grinder and pulse till nice to make the quantity of flour wanted for the recipe. (If 1 cup doesn’t slot in your grinder, be happy to place in slightly at a time and repeat in batches till there’s sufficient.)
Talking of the recipe … right here’s find out how to make the crackers you crave!
Grain-Free Crackers Recipe
Yield 50 crackers
These crunchy grain-free crackers are the proper accompaniment to a dip or paired with toppings like veggies or cheese.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup pumpkin seed flour
- 2 TBSP water
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 levels.
- Mix the almond flour, pumpkin seed flour, water, and olive oil collectively in a big bowl. Use your arms to combine the substances collectively. A mixer received’t work very nicely for this recipe.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper excessive. Don’t dump it in or it received’t disperse nicely.
- Roll the dough out in order that it’s skinny, then use a pointy knife or a pizza cutter to chop the crackers into squares. You’ll want to make them the identical dimension in order that they’ll cook dinner evenly.
- Bake the crackers for 15-25 minutes, relying on the thickness of the cracker.
Tip: You’ll want to watch these very intently, as almond flour burns simply.
Serving Dimension 10 crackers
Quantity Per Serving
% Each day Worth
Complete Fats 10.9 g
Saturated Fats 1.5 g
Sodium 119 mg
Complete Carbohydrates eight.four g
Dietary Fiber zero.7 g
Sugars zero.2 g
Protein Three.6 g
* % Each day Values are based mostly on a 2,00zero calorie food regimen. Your each day values could also be larger or decrease relying in your calorie wants.
What to Eat with Grain-Free Crackers
I like these crackers by themselves, however they make a terrific automobile for nutrient-dense actual meals. Listed here are a few of my favourite recipes and concepts that go nice with these wholesome do-it-yourself crackers:
- Smoked Salmon Dip – This dip options wholesome fat and an additional enhance of protein from a secret, creamy ingredient. The normal cream cheese is changed with protein-packed cottage cheese. I promise it nonetheless tastes nearly as good (if not higher)!
- Soup – Serve on the facet of a easy tomato soup, soothing garlic soup, or my favourite hen vegetable soup.
- Smear slightly grass-fed cream cheese and prime with a veggie slice, like carrot or cucumber.
- Add a dollop of peanut, almond, or cashew butter and prime with half of an apple slice for a fast snack.
- High with a slice of a wholesome model of smoked sausage with a small quantity of mustard. Spicy or grainy mustard tastes actually good right here.
- High with sardines (and perhaps a little bit of cheese). For many who are not sure about consuming sardines, I cowl why they’re so wholesome and the way my household enjoys them right here.
- Eat with tuna salad. I additionally prefer to make “tuna” salad with sardines for an additional dietary enhance.
- High with cottage cheese and sprinkle with recent chopped herbs. Dried herbs may even work.
Have you ever ever made grain-free crackers? How did they end up? Please share any ideas!