I do know what you’re considering … meatloaf cupcakes? Have I lastly taken it too far?! Granted, frosted meat cupcakes could not sound like a deal with, however this recipe takes plain ol’ meat and potatoes and makes them enjoyable and interesting for teenagers.
You probably have a choosy eater (extra on that subject right here), you want each trick within the guide. That is one cupcake I’m OK with my youngsters consuming … and so are they!
Cupcakes Made from … Meat?
This Paleo Dad or mum recipe impressed my tackle these meatloaf cupcakes. It’s such a cute thought and the youngsters love the small dimension of those mini-meatloaves. Their recipe sneaks in some further veggies proper within the meatloaf combine (love that in fact) and tops it with a tomato sauce.
My youngsters love candy potatoes (as you would possibly be capable to inform from my many candy potato recipes!) so I made a decision to combine it up and create a candy potato “frosting.” The mix was an immediate hit.
These mini-meatloaf cupcakes prepare dinner a lot quicker than common meatloaf which may take as much as an hour or extra. In addition they are simpler for fast freezing or defrosting, packing for lunches, or taking on-the-go.
In case you don’t have a muffin pan, my candy potato Shepherd’s pie is one other nice possibility that cooks in a single pan. (I really like this one for its straightforward clean-up and protected supplies.)
Meatloaf Cupcakes Recipe
Yield 6 -Eight
These enjoyable meatloaf cupcakes are topped with a candy potato frosting for a hearty and scrumptious meal that youngsters and adults love.
- 6 medium candy potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 kilos of floor beef (grass-fed if potential)
- Three eggs
- 1/four cup almond flour (or sufficient to thicken, which is able to rely partially on the fats content material of the meat and the feel of the almond flour)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt or Himalayan Salt
- half of tsp freshly floor pepper or to style
- 1/four coconut oil or four TBSP unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 levels.
- Finely cube the onion or puree in a blender or meals processor.
- In a big bowl, mix the pureed onion, floor beef, eggs, almond flour, basil, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper and blend by hand till integrated.
- Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or butter and evenly divide the combination into the muffin tins to make 2-Three meat “muffins” per individual. In case you don’t have a muffin tin, you may simply press the combination into the underside of an 8×8 or 9×13 baking dish.
- Put into oven on center rack, and put a baking sheet with a rim below it in case the oil from the meat occurs to spill over (ought to solely occur with fattier meats if in any respect). Bake for 30-35 minutes or till by no means pink within the middle. (Add 10 extra minutes if making the 9×13 pan.)
- For candy potatoes: If they’re sufficiently small, you may put them into the oven on the identical time, if not you may peel, dice, and boil them till comfortable.
- When meat is sort of accomplished, ensure that candy potatoes are cooked by whichever technique you favor, and drain the water if you happen to boiled them.
- Put the candy potatoes in a big bowl and add oil or butter. Combine by hand or whip with an an immersion blender. Add salt and pepper to style.
- Take away meat “muffins” from the oven when they’re cooked via and take away from tin. High every with a dollop of the mashed candy potatoes to make it appear like a cupcake! Sprinkle with chopped chives or different recent herbs for the sprinkles!
Will you strive meatloaf cupcakes? What different methods have you ever discovered to reinvent child favorites with actual meals elements? Share beneath!