– AGE LIMITS: Keep away from diphenhydramine underneath 6 years of age until instructed by healthcare supplier. – Non-sedating alternate options (eg, loratadine, cetirizine, fexofenadine) can be found over-the-counter and are safer for younger kids.
– DOSAGE: Decide by discovering kid’s weight within the prime row of the dosage desk
– MEASURING the DOSAGE: Syringes and droppers are extra correct than teaspoons. If doable, use the syringe or dropper that comes with the remedy. In case you use a teaspoon, it must be a measuring spoon. Common spoons usually are not dependable. Additionally, do not forget that 1 stage teaspoon equals 5 mL and that ½ a teaspoon equals 2.5 mL.
– FREQUENCY: Repeat each 6 hours as wanted
– ADULT DOSAGE: 50 mg
– CHILDREN’S BENADRYL FASTMELTS: Every fastmelt pill comprises the equal of 12.5 mg of Diphenhydramine HCL and dosed the identical as chewable tablets
– RISK of SIDE EFFECTS: Could trigger drowsiness and paradoxical excitatory. Use warning when driving or working heavy equipment after dosing resulting from potential for sedation and decreased alertness. That is particularly related for teen drivers.