In case you reside in a coastal space of danger, take steps now to guard your self and household.
Hurricane Harvey is predicted to hit the coast of Texas. Please see the website of the Nationwide Hurricane Middle for present updates. Take heed to native advisories concerning evacuation, and watch out to by no means drive via flood waters. Go to CDC’s Hurricane web page for data on the right way to hold your loved ones protected earlier than, throughout, and after a storm.
You’ll be able to’t cease a tropical storm or hurricane, however you possibly can take steps now to guard you and your loved ones.
In case you reside in coastal areas in danger, the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC) encourages you to start making ready your self for hurricane season. The Atlantic hurricane season is June 1 via November 30 every year.
Please observe these essential hurricane preparedness ideas from CDC:
- Getting ready for a Hurricane: Take fundamental steps now to make sure your security ought to a storm hit.
- Emergency Provides You Will Want: Inventory your own home and your automotive with provides.
- Make a Plan: Create a household catastrophe plan.
- Keep away from Flooded Areas : Take precautions earlier than, throughout, and after a flood.
- Put together to Evacuate: By no means ignore an evacuation order.
- Defending Older Adults: Perceive older grownup well being and medical considerations.
- Defending Pets: Guarantee your pet’s security earlier than, throughout, and after an emergency.
- Stop carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning after the storm: Place mills outdoors at the least 20 toes from any door, window, or vent.
- After a hurricane: Discover ways to keep away from accidents and ensure your meals and water are protected.
After you might have learn the following tips, please overview the opposite sources out there on the CDC Hurricanes web site.
CDC strongly recommends that you just print all essential sources earlier than a hurricane strikes. Energy outages throughout and after a hurricane can stop you from accessing data on-line once you most want it. Getting ready now can assist hold you and your loved ones protected.
- CDC Hurricane Public Service Bulletins (PSAs) and Podcasts
- Info for pregnant ladies
- Info for individuals with disabilities and first responders
- Nationwide Hurricane Middle